There is no doubt that health insurance is a necessity in this day and age. With medical costs skyrocketing, and unhealthy, sedentary lifestyle that contribute to lifestyle-disease, health insurance is has become a priority to protect against financial strain. Physical ailments can arise unexpectedly, and it is essential to always have a safety net for yourself and your loved ones.
While we all agree that buying health insurance should be a priority, many of us may neglect the importance of reviewing the policy periodically. Whether one has purchased health insurance in old-fashioned way or online, periodically reviewing the policy is a step that should not be skipped.
If you are wondering why that is, let us see all the reasons why it is crucial to review your health insurance policy:
- Lifestyle changes: As one grows older, it is common to undergo changes in lifestyle. You may become less active as time passes, and your health may deteriorate. Other factors such as stress and dietary intake also play a role in changing lifestyle that can contribute to illness. Therefore, it is wise to keep a check on your health insurance policy at every renewal date. *
- Medical inflation: With the advent of new technology, medical treatments have become very expensive. Just in the last decade, there has been a steep rise in the cost of treatments. So, to cover any unexpected health contingencies, health insurance in India is the best bet. Further, to keep up with the rising treatment costs, it is crucial to timely evaluate your policy toavoid losing out on all your hard-earned savings. *
- Keeping updated with new policies:Insurance companies keep continually upgrading their policies and keep adding new products to cover different types of ailments. It is important to keep a tab on these new products from the insurers so that you can make informed decisions and get value for your money. Research and study different plans from insurance companies and stay updated with the latest policies to keep yourself and your family protected. *
- Competitive pricing: Insurance companies offer competitive pricing for health insurance covers; this means that you can get higher coverage at similar prices or similar coverage at a lower price. So, keeping a tab on what insurance companies in the market are offering help you either save money or avail a broader coverage. *
- Different phases of life: Significant life events such as marriage, childbirth, retirement, and much more in between can make it essential for you to evaluate your health insurance coverage periodically. For instance, if you buy a family health insurance plan for yourself and your spouse, you may find at the renewal date that you need to evaluate coverage for your newborn baby as well. *
* Standard T&C Apply
When you are renewing your insurance coverage, make sure to compare it head-to-head with other insurance plans. Doing so at insurance renewal will help you evaluate a plan based on your future requirements and the consequent treatment costs. Insurance is the subject matter of solicitation. For more details on benefits, exclusions, limitations, terms and conditions, please read sales brochure/policy wording carefully before concluding a sale.